Leading tips to improve your mental wellbeing
We all need to take into consideration our mental health and wellbeing. Keeping in touch with our mental health and working on our wellbeing will help us to get through this difficult time. Why not start looking after your mental wellbeing today?
Looking after your mental health isn’t something that you do when you’re feeling low, anxious or stressed, it is something that you should think about regularly.
You should look after your mental health and wellbeing just as much as your physical health, as the two go hand in hand.
Do not wait until you are struggling to make changes to your sleep, eating habits or relationships, as focusing on your mental health now, more than anything, will help you to get through these tough times.
You could give it a go now as there are lots of things you can do. Take a look…
- Nourishing yourself will help you to have the energy to give to others. Walking in your local park is both calming and relaxing and is most beneficial to your health. Spending time doing your preferred hobbies, or perhaps starting a new hobby, would be a positive step as it is essential to do the things that make you happy.
- Being in the present and taking the time to be more aware of yourself helps you to notice your thoughts, feelings, breathing and the world around you. Take time out of your day to be more mindful. Why not try some simple breathing meditation to help calm you down? We’ve found a few for you here!
- Did you know that the way we think, feel and behave are all connected? We can develop patterns of thoughts and behaviours that are unhelpful to us. Therefore, if we can catch them and think about them differently, then we can improve our mental health and wellbeing. It will be hard to catch them at first, but you have practised, you will know when to catch, check and change.
- Helping others as well as yourself can prevent you from feeling lonely. It can improve your feelings and often make you feel good or better about yourself. Spending quality time with friends over the phone or the family members around you can help with your overall mental health and wellbeing. Always be careful if you choose to speak to a stranger online, as not everyone is what they seem.
- Living and leading a healthy life can also make an impact on your mental health. Things such as being active, enjoying the fresh air and having a healthy and balanced diet can all help you to feel better. Being in the correct mental state can make your mental health challenges easier to manage. Some healthy life changing steps can include cutting out or cutting down on smoking, reducing your alcohol and caffeine intake.
- If you follow the first five steps, you will see your sleep quality begin to improve. Good quality sleep can make a big difference to how we feel mentally and physically, and it is necessary to get the right amount of uninterrupted sleep. We’ve found a video about how you can sleep better, why not give it a try?
We hope these tips have helped you to understand how important mental health and wellbeing is in regards to the current situation. Please follow or take into consideration these tips as you continue to live and work from home over the next coming weeks.